Wednesday, June 20, 2012

We's Antiques-- Keenly Selected Heirlooms

       I went to this hoity-toity Obama fundraiser back in October of 2008. It took place at Hammerstein Ballroom and Bruce Springsteen headlined alongside Billy Joel; a pretty monumental occasion to say the least. What I remember most--aside from the then Presidential hopeful's inspiring speech--was the part of the program when Billy introduced his daughter Alexa to the stage. He said something to the effect of, this is "shameless nepotism" at it's best. I thought to myself, "wow, that's a really dick way to announce your daughter's grand entrance Billy." 


       In a similar fashion, I will now channel Billy Joel and lay bare my nepotistic intent. Go to my mother's website and feast your eyeballs upon her glorious wares! Her antiquities are so unique she's even sold her product to Mike Zohn from the reality TV show Oddities. She's also a much better singer than Alexa Ray Joel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment